John is the owner of SLP and has been in the real estate industry for over 30 years, John is a licensed Real Estate Broker for over 24 years and a licensed General Building Contractor for over 28 years, John also holds two other licenses with the Contractors State License Board, C-33 Painting and Decorating and an ASB Asbestos Abatement license. John has been in the real estate/construction business since he was 18 years old and has over 75,000 closed escrows in the real estate industry. John’s vast experience ranges from residential home sales to commercial and industrial brokerage transactions. John is experienced buying and renovating foreclosures, purchasing deeds of trust, business brokerage and is proficient in the permitting and development entitlement process. John has owned multiple mortgage companies originating retail loans, commercial loans, hard-money loans and correspondent lending in the residential wholesale mortgage backed securities industry. John has an overall career sales volume in excess of 18 billion dollars with a proven track record of #1 in the nation 12 years in a row. John’s main focus is the brokerage of residential real estate and with John’s real world experience there is no other professional in the industry with the skill sets and unwavering commitment of service and life-long dedication to his clients and his profession.
John’s first priority and main objectives are:
- Client’s interests are my first priority.
- Negotiate the best terms responsibly for his clients.
- Due diligence and disclosure is key in every transaction.
- Comprehensive document review (Purchase Contracts, Listing Agreements, Leases, CC&R’s, Plans and Specifications, Appraisals, Zoning Maps & Codes, Title Reports, Loan Documents, Underwriting and guidelines).
- Always analyze the subject property to ensure a sound investment, identify cost effective improvements that enhance a home’s value to net you a greater return.
- Oversee the loan process from application (1003) to closing (HUD-1) ensuring a smooth transaction.
- Oversee the escrow process on all transactions to ensure smooth ownership transfer.
- Consult on any improvements on your property from a quick painting project to a fully entitled ground-up development project.
- Employ the most sophisticated marketing techniques (Traditional Print and Social Media, etc).
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, SOMA Luxury Properties, Inc., and SOMA Luxury Properties East, Inc., DRE#01195663, DRE#01991641, and DRE#02092699 State of California
- Licensed General Building Contractor (original CSLB license # 631587, inactive).
- Licensed General Building Contractor, Farallon Development, Inc., B-1, C-33, ASB - CSLB Lic# 1022913, State of California
- Licensed Painting and Decorating Contractor, C-33 - CSLB Lic# 1022913, State of California
- Licensed Asbestos Abatement Contractor, ASB - CSLB Lic# 1022913, State of California
- Broker Member San Francisco Association of Realtors
- Broker Member Oakland / Berkeley Association of Realtors
- Broker Member California Association of Realtors
- Broker Member National Association of Realtors
- Member of California Association of Mortgage Brokers
- Member of Western Regional Master Builders Association
- Member of National Association of Home Builders
- Member of Urban Land Institute
- Executive Director, SOMA Neighborhood Association, Inc.
- The First Fully Sponsored Professional Surfer from San Francisco 1984-1986
- Bay Area Surfing Championship 1st Place Juniors 1983
- NSSA Competitor – NSSA is the highest profile amateur competitive surfing association in the United States.
- WSA Junior Competitor, the oldest western amateur surfing association
- Professional Contestant in Pro events from the “Cold Water Classic” to the “OP Pro” and all major Hawaiian QS Events with multiple 1st Place Championships won
- Retired from Competitive Surfing 1986
- Avid Fisherman who started fishing at Pier 7 on the Embarcadero as a kid in the early 70’s
- Current-Long-Range Big Game Fisherman (Catch & Release)
- Current-All Around Waterman (SUP-Stand Up Paddle Boarder, Fisherman, Swimmer)